Purpose: Helping parents/teachers see learning in a holistic manner…
- Art (practical activities to aid learning in a fun and stimulating manner),
- Nutrition (healthy eating options and the sharing of a meal together)
- Movement: (Stretching and breathing exercises that promote clear thinking, can be used as calming techniques and to strengthen core muscles.
- Light boxes and shadow puppets:
We spend time talking about a creative environment and how to create such a space for ourselves and for our children.
- LEARN: about refraction and dispersion, light mixing and Sir Isaac Newton (yes, learning can be fun for adults too!)
- EAT: Moroccan chickpea salad with optional chili:-) breads and green salad. (Talk about health benefits!)
We watch movie clips where stories are told through hand shadows and then through shadow puppets made from card. Hopefully generating inspiration!
- PLAY: We make light boxes and shadow puppets, play with lights… each participant takes home their own light box and materials to carry on the creative time at home.
- MOVE: We go outside to stretch and talk about kinetic learners and breathing.
We come inside, eat watermelon and chat about ideas to take home, feedback session, what we learned, insights… There is an activity sheet in the take home goodie bag.
- Colour Exploration:
Recap what we learned about light mixing. We spend time chatting about the importance of observational skills and about exposing our children to a variety of colours. We chat about the individualization of colour.
- LEARN: The colour wheel, mixing colours, primary and secondary. How to mix tones using white and black. Mixing your OWN colours!
Impressionism and Jackson Pollock, focus on the process not the product, art after the invention of the camera.
- EAT: Something delicious and good for you!
- PLAY: Jackson Pollock cathartic painting with water on big sheets. Impressionist shadow painting with blobs A3.
- MOVE: we sit and stretch our necks and shoulders, stress relief and breathing.
We come inside, eat and share… feedback session, what we learned, insights… There is an activity sheet in the take home goodie bag as well as a box of watercolour paint.
- Rocking stick figures!
We chat about the statement…”I am not creative… I can only draw stick figures” why do so many people feel that they cannot draw? Recap, How does judgment stop creativity?
- LEARN: How to create your own unique and expressive stick figures
How to use stick figures to demonstrate sequencing, emotion and ideas, how to help your children to do this. Why this can be beneficial.
Drawing pictures as a form of notes taking.
- EAT: Something delicious and good for you! Chat about health benefits.
- PLAY: Story boards and flipping comic
- MOVE: we go outside to breath and stretch
We come inside, eat and share… feedback session, what we learned, insights… There is an activity sheet in the take home goodie bag as well as a paper doll template.